Criteria for Abstract Acceptance
The ASMS Program Committee will meet to review abstracts. Abstracts must meet the following criteria:
- The results presented in each abstract should add something new to our base of knowledge in mass spectrometry. The novel aspect of your work is an important consideration during abstract review.
- The abstract should include sufficient results to properly represent the experiments that will be presented.
- There must be a fundamental difference between each of the abstracts submitted from a research group. The same results may not appear in multiple presentations.
- Each attendee can be the presenting author on only one abstract (although an individual may be listed as a co-author on multiple abstracts).
- Abstracts with substantial commercial content will not be accepted.
- Failure to disclose information, such as the ID of compounds, is not acceptable.
How-To Edit Your Submitted Abstract Until the February 2 Deadline
You can edit your abstract at any time up to the extended submission deadline of 11:59 pm PST, February 2, 2024. Edits can include changes of any kind as well as the deletion (withdrawal) of your abstract.
- Return to online abstract submission
- Select the conference and then click 'View my drafts and submission'.
- Select the abstract to edit and proceed through all pages making the edits you desire (using Next button at bottom of each page).
- On the final page (Review & Submit) confirm that all of your edits are reflected.
- Click the 'RESUBMIT' button. This will save your edits and send you plus all co-authors a new abstract submission receipt which displays your complete abstract (inclusive of any edits made.) Note that your abstract submission ID number will remain the same for re-submitted abstract.
Review Process and Timeline for Notification and Public Access
The review process for all abstracts will begin promptly on February 4 (immediately after submission deadline). Late submissions are not possible. Session chairs select six talks for their oral sessions (64 oral sessions). Next the program committee reviews all remaining abstracts (those not selected for oral and those that wished poster-only) for poster acceptance. There is a typical rejection rate of approximately 2-3%. We suggest that all submitting authors review carefully the 'Criteria for Acceptance'.
All notifications will be sent in early March 2023. We will post to this page the date and approximate time notifications are sent. The sender for notifications is email@example.com. This is the same sender for all other ASMS transactions (membership dues receipt, registration receipt, abstract submission receipt).
Access to all accepted abstracts via Online Planner is anticipated to be April 15, 2023. On this date we will make the Online Planner available to all registered conference attendees.