Abstract submission for the 66th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, June 3-7, 2018 in San Diego, CA will open in mid- to late-December 2017. Please return to this page to submit your abstract once online submission is open.
Criteria for Abstract Acceptance
The ASMS Program Committee will meet to review abstracts. Abstracts must meet the following criteria:
- The results presented in each abstract should add something new to our base of knowledge in mass spectrometry. The novel aspect of your work is an important consideration during abstract review.
- The abstract should include sufficient results to properly represent the experiments that will be presented.
- There must be a fundamental difference between each of the abstracts submitted from a research group. The same results may not appear in multiple presentations.
- Each attendee can be the presenting author on only one abstract (although an individual may be listed as a co-author on multiple abstracts).
- Abstracts with substantial commercial content will not be accepted.
- Failure to disclose information, such as the ID of compounds, is not acceptable.
Instructions to Submit Your Abstract Online
Before entering your abstract, assemble the following:
- Title – Limit 20 words
- Introduction – Limit 120 words
- Methods – Limit 120 words
- Preliminary data – Limit 300 words
- Novel aspect – Limit 20 words
- All of the co-author names, affiliations (institute/company) and their email address. IMPORTANT: Help recognize your co-authors correctly by carefully entering their name as it commonly appears on their publications.
- Session selection - If you wish to be considered for an Oral you will be prompted for a 1st and 2nd choice. There is no oral-only option, you must be willing to present a poster if you opt for oral consideration. For poster-only, simply skip the oral session preferences.
Click "Next" at the end of each page to proceed through the entry process. Your abstract will not be submitted until you click "Submit Abstract" at the end. You and your co-authors will receive an email receipt to confirm your submission.
Abstract entry sessions will time out after 10 minutes of inactivity. If you leave your computer and come back to it after the auto-timeout you will need to log back in.
How to Edit Your Abstract After Submission - Available only through February 2, 2018 Submission Deadline
You can edit your abstract at any time up to the submission deadline of 11:59 pm PST, February 2, 2018
. Edits can include changes of any kind as well as the deletion (withdrawal) of your abstract. Go to the online abstract submission site and click 'View my abstracts'. Select the abstract to edit and proceed through the pages making the edits you desire. Advance to the Review & Submit page to confirm that all of your edits are reflected in this final page. There is no re-submit button. Now logout or close your browser tab/window to exit. Your edits are saved page-by-page as you advance to the Review & Submit page. There is not
a save or resubmit button.