We have been accommodating all change requests for abstracts beyond the August 23 deadline and we will continue to do so through September 14.
Starting September 15 only the changes outlined below will be possible. We will accommodate requests to convert to remote poster only through September 14.
Abstract (Program) changes possible from September 15 - conference.
- In-person poster may withdraw only (converting to remote poster no longer possible starting September 15.) If you wish to be a remote poster, let us know BEFORE September 15.
- In-person oral may designate or add new presenting author (who can present in-person) or withdraw (converting to remote poster no longer possible starting September 15.) We will contact alternate for your session to find a replacement, if you need to withdraw.
- Remote posters may withdraw.
How To Request Changes for Your Accepted Abstract
Send an email to email@example.com with your abstract ID number in the subject line and brief description of change needed. Reply will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of changes you might request:
- Before September 15 ONLY: Conversion from in-person oral or poster to remote poster (or vice-versa)
- Anytime: Designation or addition of a different presenting author
- Anytime: Withdrawal of an abstract from the program
Criteria for Abstract Acceptance
The ASMS Program Committee will meet to review abstracts. Abstracts must meet the following criteria:
- The results presented in each abstract should add something new to our base of knowledge in mass spectrometry. The novel aspect of your work is an important consideration during abstract review.
- The abstract should include sufficient results to properly represent the experiments that will be presented.
- There must be a fundamental difference between each of the abstracts submitted from a research group. The same results may not appear in multiple presentations.
- Each attendee can be the presenting author on only one abstract (although an individual may be listed as a co-author on multiple abstracts).
- Abstracts with substantial commercial content will not be accepted.
- Failure to disclose information, such as the ID of compounds, is not acceptable.