Thank you for your interest in ASMS. Enjoy the benefits of ASMS immediately by joining or renewing today.
Please note that membership is based on the calendar year (January 1-December 31). Dues paid prior to November 2 are valid for the current year only. Dues paid beginning November 2 will be valid through the following year.
Online dues payment (for renewals and new members)
Printable membership form is also available.
Annual dues for members include a $25 subscription to JASMS. Dues remain unchanged for 18 years!
- Regular $65 and Student $40
- Emeritus $0 (see detail below on Emeritus Membership eligibility and benefits)
An individual ASMS membership includes the following benefits:
- Subscription to the monthly Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (JASMS). JASMS is now digital/online only. The printed issues ceased 2019-December 31. ASMS members receive access to all current and past issues of JASMS. Learn how to access JASMS online.
- Discounted registration for conferences and short courses.
- Proceedings of the annual conference.
- Access and free postings in the online Career Center.
- Access to members-only information on the website including the Employment Center, Wiley and IJMS archives, and archived annual conference proceedings.
Membership Cycle (Validity Period)
Membership cycle and benefits, including Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry subscription, are based on the calendar year, January 1 through December 31. If you join or renew mid-year, benefits begin with date of payment to the end of the calendar year. Memberships paid on/after November 2 will have an expiration date the following year.
Emeritus membership status is for ASMS members (at least 10 years consecutive membership) who have retired from the field of mass spectrometry. To convert a regular membership to emeritus membership, please contact the ASMS office (info [at] asms [dot] org). Emeritus memberships need to be kept active and renewed each year. Once a regular membership is converted to emeritus, the emeritus member may renew their membership for future years online or ask for assistance from the ASMS office.
Special emeritus member benefits include complimentary membership and annual conference registration. These special benefits are in addition to the regular member benefits listed above.