ASMS is a professional society for individuals employed or studying toward a degree in an area related to the field of mass spectrometry. Those involved in recruiting, advertising, etc. are not eligible for membership. Go to our Join or Renew page
now to pay your dues.
An individual ASMS membership includes the following benefits:
- Subscription to the monthly Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (JASMS).
- Discounted registration for conferences and short courses.
- Proceedings of the annual conference.
- Access to the employment center.
- Access to members-only information on the website including the Employment Center, Member Look-up, and IJMS archives, and archived annual conference proceedings.
Membership cycle and benefits, including Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry subscription, are based on the calendar year, January 1 through December 31. If you join or renew mid-year, benefits begin with date of payment to the end of the calendar year.
The ASMS corporate membership
Annual dues for members include a $25 subscription to JASMS. Dues remain unchanged for 18 years!
Online Dues Payment
for both new or renewing members to enjoy the benefits of ASMS immediately. To check the status of your membership and any payments already made this year, please visit your profile
- Regular $65
- Student $40 ( full-time in a degree program up to and including Ph.D.)
- Emeritus $0 (see detail below on Emeritus Membership eligibility and benefits)
permits a company to be commercially active at any of the ASMS conferences. At the Annual Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, corporate members may distribute literature, host a hospitality suite or exhibit booth, and present a news conference for press and financial analysts.