Deadline to apply is September 30. A mock job posting of your choosing is part of the application process. Read more about the program and timeline on this page. Thank you!
The Basics | How The Program Works
ASMS 'experts', selected by the Education Committee to represent a variety of career sectors, will post mock job postings on this page. Each mock job posting will have an online application form for eligible students or postdocs to complete.
Experts will review applications submitted for their mock job posting and select five applicants to participate in a mock interview time-slot.
Prior to the mock interviews, the experts will review, edit, and return CV (submitted as part of the online application) to the selected candidates.
Experts and the five selected candidates will meet in a Zoom meeting.
- Selected applicants will do a 5-minute pitch of their skills to the group.
- After each 5-minute presentation, the expert will ask the student follow up questions in the group setting.
Eligibility Requirements for Students and Postdocs Participants
- Student or Postdoc is an ASMS member.
- Student or Postdoc will graduate from their Master's, Ph.D. or Postdoc program by December 2023.
- Complete online application for desired mock job posting (includes upload of CV).
Timeline and Deadlines for Program
- September 30, Deadline for ASMS experts / mock interviewers to apply (a mock job posting of their choosing is part of the application)
- By October 14, Mock Job Postings available on this page (each accompanied by online application link).
- November 11, Deadline for eligible students and postdocs to complete online application.
- By November 18, experts each select top five candidates for their job posting.
- By November 23, experts return edited CVs to selected candidates.
- Potential mock interview time slots (subject to change).
- Thursday, December 1 from 12 - 2 pm EST
- Friday, December 2 from 12 - 2 pm EST
- Thursday, December 8 from 12 - 2 pm EST
- Friday, December 9 from 12 - 2 pm EST
- Thursday, December 15 from 12 - 2 pm EST
- Friday, December 16 from 12 - 2 pm EST