The History Committee is selected by the ASMS Board of Directors and appointed by the President. The ASMS Archivist/Historian chairs the committee.
Committee Member Term: 2 years, July 1 of year one to June 30 of year two
To preserve the history of mass spectrometry and ASMS for the enjoyment and enrichment of the community
- Collate and preserve all documents, memorabilia (including photographs), and other physical collateral deemed to be of historical interest.
- Suggest initiatives that reflect fresh perspectives and new ideas while providing continuity for on-going projects.
- Work with VP for Programs to organize history-related programming at the annual conference.
- Meet in person at the annual conference and via teleconference and electronic correspondence at other times throughout the year as required.
- Make an annual report of activities to the Board of Directors and report them to the general membership whenever appropriate
Return to Committees listing.