Journal of American Society for Mass Spectrometry (JASMS) is the peer-reviewed journal owned by ASMS and published by the American Chemical Society Publications (ACS Publications). The journal has a circulation of approximately 7,500 ASMS members worldwide, plus a strong presence in libraries and institutions through publishing consortia managed by ACS Publications. The Editor-in-Chief leads an editorial team consisting of six prestigious Associate Editors and an Editorial Board of 24-36 scientists. The Editor-in-Chief is assisted by an ACS Publications-appointed Managing Editor and editorial support staff.
JASMS is seeking candidates for the position of Editor-in-Chief for a term to commence officially July 1, 2022.
Criteria for Candidates
- Excellent and sustained publication record
- Member of long standing and active participant in ASMS
- Research active
- Broad perspective of field
- Desire and ability to spend time and energy leading and promoting the journal
- Willingness to relinquish editorial responsibilities in all other journals
- October 15, 2021: Deadline for nominations
- January 31, 2022: Completion of selection
- March 1 – June 30, 2022: Transition overlap with current Editor-in-Chief (up to 4 months)
- July 1, 2022 – December 31, 2027: Five and ½-year contract of new Editor-in-Chief
Nominations and Self-Nominations
To nominate, please send a one-page description of professional background and interest in becoming Editor-in-Chief to email@example.com by October 15, 2021. Self-nominations are encouraged.
We encourage the community to freely share this announcement. Thank you.