For All Talks
- All speakers may present from the conference laptop (PC running MS Office and outfitted with slide advancer) or their own computer. IF you wish to use your own computer: 1) bring adaptor to get to HDMI (BYOA - bring your own adaptor!) and 2) bring your own advancer or plan to use your keyboard.
- Invited Speaker Talks: 20 minutes are allocated for these presentations. This will be followed by five minutes for Q&A and speaker transition. This five minutes is not part of your presentation time. PLEASE limit your talk to the 20' this will insure lively discussion and fairness to other speakers in your session. See final program for details on your day/time of your scheduled talk.
- Short Talks: 10 minutes are allocated for these presentations. This will be followed by five minutes for Q&A and speaker transition.
- Opening and Closing Keynote Speakers should plan on 40 minute presentation. This will be followed by five minutes for Q&A.
- Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes prior to the start of your session to load your talk or test/connect your computer. IF you will use your own laptop, bring adaptor to connect to HDMI.
Poster Highlight Talks
These are 'flash-style / lightning talks' intended to give a 'teaser' for your poster.
Time will be 90 seconds per presenter. There will not be Q&A after each presentation (that is what your poster is for!)
PPT slides. Please prepare 3-5 slides for your poster highlight presentation. We will harvest your slides in advance and create a single PPT deck for the poster highlight talks. We will have a title slide (poster title, presenter name, presenter affiliation) and we will insert your PPT slides AFTER the title slide.
Send your slides to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1pm on Saturday, October 14.
Posters (for poster-only or poster accompanying poster highlight talk)
- Mount posters by 6 pm Fri (or as soon as you arrive). Remove after Monday evening closing session (or just before panel discussion).
- Poster boards are split in half (with divider tape) to accommodate TWO posters per side. NOTE: This is different than the ASMS annual conference where we feature one poster per side.
- Each poster space will be approx. 43-in. x 43-in. We suggest that posters are printed at no larger than 42-inches wide. If your poster is slightly taller (portrait-style), this will be fine (it will hang slightly below the board frame).
- Posters are illuminated by a single clip light placed center on the poster board.
- Push pins will be available. Poster boards are Velcro-compatible but you need to bring your own Velcro!