The nominees are selected by the Nominating Committee which meets at the annual conference. The Nominating Committee is approved by the Board of Directors and appointed by the President of ASMS.
To suggest a nominee for the next cycle, please submit the name by email to email@example.com along with a brief statement that the individual would be willing to stand for election. Nominees must be members of ASMS continuously for two years prior to the year of nomination.
The following positions will be elected for terms that commence July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022. The election will be conducted by an independent online voting service. The election opens December 1 and closes December 18. Each ASMS member will receive voting instructions by email. The order of candidates in online ballot will be randomized each time ballot is opened.
View current ASMS Board of Directors
Candidates for Election to the ASMS Board of Directors
Vice President for Programs (President Elect)
View candidates for VP Programs
- Julia Laskin, Purdue University
- Evan Williams, University of California-Berkeley
View candidates for Treasurer
- Ljiljana Pasa-Tolic, Pacific NW National Laboratory
- Nalini Sadagopen, Agilent Technologies
Member at Large for Education View candidates for MAL Education
- Lisa Jones, University of Maryland
- Li Tao, Bristol-Myers Squibb
Member at Large for Digital Communications View candidates for MAL Digital Communications
- Francisco Fernandez-Lima, Florida International University
- Yehia Mechref, Texas Tech University