The Education Committee is selected by the ASMS Board of Directors and appointed by the President. The committee is chaired by the Member at Large for Education.
Committee Member Term: Two years, July 1 of year one to June 30 of year two
- Recommend topics, instructors and content for the Fall Workshop and the conference short courses to the ASMS Board;
- Contact instructors to secure their commitments;
- Review registrant evaluations for the Fall Workshop and annual short courses;
- Suggest and oversee additions to the series on Classic Books;
- Develop educational resources (with Publications Committee) such as videos, brochures and posters on specific topics;
- Contribute educational content (with Digital Communications Committee) to the Society website;
- Meet in person at the annual conference, and via electronic correspondence at other times throughout the year when required, and prepare a report for the ASMS Board
Return to Committees listing.