Mar 09, 2018
Call for ASMS Short Course Proposals
ASMS offers a series of one- and two-day short courses prior to
the annual conference. If you have a suggestion for future short courses, please submit a proposal to the ASMS office at least one month prior to the start of the annual conference. Although there is no set format, typical short course proposals contain the
• Brief outline describing the rationale, need and scope for
the proposed short course.
• Intended audience.
• 1 day, or 2 day? Note that 1 day courses can be repeated
on the Saturday and Sunday, or can be offered as an individual
stand alone 1 day ‘Beginner’ course on the Saturday
and a 1 day ‘Advanced’ course on the Sunday.
• Detailed course outline.
• Proposed instructor(s) qualifications and experience in the short course topic.
• Other courses (within ASMS or other organizations) that
offer similar or overlapping content to the proposed short
• Any other relevant information.
The Education committee chair is also available to answer any
questions regarding proposals prior to their submission. The Education
committee will meet during the annual conference to
formally evaluate the status of current short courses, evaluate
new proposals, and to make recommendations regarding the
courses that should be offered in the future, which are then submitted
to the ASMS Board for approval.