Please refer to the resources below for assistance in preparing an oral or poster presentation for the ASMS annual conference.
- Each speaker will have 20 minutes for presentation. Please plan your talk for 17 minutes to allow for introduction and questions.
- Prepare your presentation with PowerPoint and use the 16:9 aspect ratio. Most session rooms are LARGE – seating 700-1,000 people. Be sure your visuals are clear and very legible. ASMS policy states that institutional or company logos may appear only on the title slide. Please take care to respect this rule.
- Take your presentation to the Speaker Ready Room (Room 117 in Indianapolis) at least one day prior to your talk to upload your presentation to the AV network. You may not load presentations in the session room. Technicians will be in the Speaker Ready Room according to the schedule printed in the program.
- Each parallel session room is equipped with PC computers running Windows and Microsoft Office and a MAC with the latest OS. Be sure to test your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room.
- Arrive in session room 30 minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself to the session chair.
- As a speaker at ASMS, please note the following
- Webcasting. In order to make the parallel oral sessions more manageable, ASMS will record and webcast all oral presentations. The web casts are available online for three months after the conference. Access is limited to conference attendees. Speakers may order a copy of their webcast recording. Please use the webcast order form.
- Logos. ASMS policy states that institutional or company logos may appear only on the title slide. When authors are from multiple institutions, this means there may be one logo per each institution.
Each poster space is 7 ft 10 inches wide (239 cm) and 3 feet 10 inches high (117 cm). Each board is numbered in the upper left corner. Detailed Guidelines for Poster Presentations
Institutional logos may appear only in the title section of a poster and is restricted to one logo per institution. When authors are from multiple institutions, this means there may be one logo per each institution.
Posters are assigned by day. Find your assignment in the final program book or online planner (MP=Monday poster, TP=Tuesday poster, WP=Wednesday poster, ThP=Thursday poster).
Posters are to be set-up on the assigned day 7:30-8:00 AM. Poster set-up is not permitted on Sunday evening. Posters should be removed each day 7:30-8:00 PM (except Thursday when posters are removed 2:30-3:00 PM).
Poster Presenting Daily Schedule (Monday - Thursday)
Odd-number posters present 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Even-number posters present 12:30 - 2:00 pm
- Refer to this document for poster board size and helpful tips on font sizes and general organization. Sample Poster Board Image and Specifications