How to Submit (Upload) Your Proceedings File by the June 4 Deadline
- Return to the abstract site (you will be prompted to login to ASMS, if you are not already signed in). If the hyperlink does not function, please go to www.abstracts.asms.org in a new tab on your browser.
- Select the click 'View my Drafts and Submissions' for the ASMS 2017 Indianapolis conference.
- Click the blue upload icon for each submitted/accepted abstract and proceed to upload your PDF.
- If you are submitting author for more than one abstract, select the 'Home' tab after your first upload and repeat steps 2-3.
Need additional help? View this how-to document with screenshots of the process.
Can you edit your proceedings submission (replace your PDF)? Yes, as long as this is done by June 4. To replace your already uploaded PDF. Return to abstract site and click your abstract title. A window will appear allowing you to delete a submission and update.
Note to Speakers: ASMS will substitute a PDF of the slides from a speakers talk if the speaker fails to submit to the Proceedings in one of the formats above.
More About the Conference Proceedings
The ASMS Conference Proceedings is a valuable record of the oral and poster presentations at the meeting. Authors are strongly required to submit their contributions to the Proceedings. Posters and slides from oral presentations may be submitted in their entirety. Alternatively, a summary of the presentation including representative figures (an "extended abstract") may be prepared.
PDF format is required. Refer to the following resources for preparation of your submission:
Remember to Use Standard Fonts. Conversion problems have been known to occur with the use of non-standard fonts. In order to minimize the chance that your submission will contain unreadable/mis-converted text, it is recommended that only standard Windows/Mac fonts be used. (Refer to http://www.msfrontpage.net/fp/ans-standardfonts.htm for additional information about fonts.)
A wide variety of alternative software is available for generation of PDF files that should be satisfactory as long as standard fonts are used in the source document.
- Guidelines for Preparation of "extended abstract"
- Guidance for Generation of PDF (for Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft products).
Besides Adobe Acrobat there are a number of PDF conversion programs available. One free program is PDF distiller available for download at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
Note to Speakers.
ASMS will substitute a PDF of the slides from a speakers talk if the speaker fails to submit to the Proceedings in one of the formats above.