The nominees are selected by the Nominating Committee which meets at the annual conference. The Nominating Committee is approved by the Board of Directors and appointed by the President of ASMS.
To suggest a nominee for the next cycle, please submit the name by email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief statement that the individual would be willing to stand for election. Nominees must be members of ASMS continuously for two years prior to the year of nomination.
The following positions will be elected for terms that commence July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020. The election will be conducted by an independent online voting service. The election opens December 1 and closes December 18, 2017. Each ASMS member will receive voting instructions by email. The order of candidates in online ballot will be randomized each time ballot is opened.
List of current Board of Directors
Candidates for Election to the ASMS Board of Directors
Vice President for Programs (and President Elect) Candidate biographical sketches
Treasurer Candidate biographical sketches
- Susan D. Richardson, University of South Carolina
- Frantisek (Frank) Turecek, University of Washington
- Kevin Bateman, Merck Research Laboratories
- Yinsheng Wang, University of California Riverside
Member at Large for Education Candidate biographical sketches
- Erin Baker, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Glen Jackson, West Virginia University
Member at Large for Digital Communications Candidate biographical sketches
- David Fenyö, NYU School of Medicine
- Alexey Nesvizhskii, University of Michigan